Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Shepherd Pie

I'm cooking dinner for my family on Christmas Eve and I've been searching and searching for the perfect Christmas Eve dinner to prepare. I think I've gone to http://www.foodnetwork.com/ and http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/ about a million times over the past week or so! I finally came across Paula Deen's Christmas Shepherd Pie recipe and decided that was the golden ticket.

I tried the recipe out this weekend with my best friend Megan. Let me tell ya...it's so much fun cooking in the kitchen with a friend. I highly recommend you doing it at least once in your life if not more!

We got home from Christmas shopping and poor Jared was famished from not eating all day since he was looking forward to this meal.

This is a pretty quick meal to put together, however, keep in mind it does take a little over an hour to get everything ready.

You can find the recipe at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/christmas-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html

This isn't the greatest picture but it gives you an idea of what it looks like in a casserole dish.

I did make individual ramekins for Megan, Jared and myself and will do the same on Christmas Eve. This recipe makes a TON of food...I'll just throw that out there.

For Christmas Eve I will be making it with ground turkey instead of ground beef, I'm sure it'll be just as delicious.

If you want a good home cooked, southern feel, fills your stomach to the brim meal, then give this recipe a try.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!
-AKL

1 comment:

  1. I loved cooking with you and also the dish we made. Yippee! Love you much, babycakes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete