Tuesday, March 6, 2012

4/D Ultrasound part 2

I know it's been a while since I've given a personal blog update. Trust me, I've had plenty of people get on my case about that but really I don't have much to update you on besides the fact that my belly keeps getting bigger and Olivia keeps kicking harder!

For the most part I'm feeling really good and my appetite has come back. We're talking I can eat chicken again!! Whoo hoo! Gag reflexes are still touch and go. I do have some pretty good stories about that but I think I'll keep those off the blog since they're a little TMI! Let's just say I've had some good laughs with Jared and my mom who have been the primary ones to experience my episodes of gagging!

I'm still pretty tired all the time. I am able to venture out more and more but mornings and evenings are pretty rough with just wanting to stay in bed and sleep. I'm not get much sleep at night. I've got the typical potty breaks it seems every two hours and I'm struggling with my hands falling asleep all the time. Typically I fall asleep and then wake up 2-3 hours for the first potty break, try to fall back asleep, go potty again, sit up in bed trying to get the blood flowing back to my hands, watch TV or play on the iPad for 2-3 hours, go potty again, and then try to force myself back to sleep so I can wake up and work. Everyone keeps telling me to get my sleep now but that's just not happening.

Last week we went in for our final 4/D ultrasound. It was so fun getting to see Olivia again and seeing how big she's getting. She moved around a lot more than when we went for our first one. She still has a thing with her hands being in her face and new to us she likes her feet in her face as well. It's amazing to see what these babies can do in such small spaces. My mom, sister-in-law Jessica and nephew Jakob were able to join us at the ultrasound. Again Jakob had some funny things to say and got a few good laughs at what Olivia was doing. He said he could finally tell that she was a baby so that's a good thing.

We've started our labor and delivery classes and tomorrow start our baby care classes. Needless to say the month of March is extremely busy but we are learning a lot. We're getting so excited for Olivia to come!!

Below are some pictures of Olivia at our last ultrasound!


Rubbing her eyes


Hands and feet covering her face


Foot in her mouth


Glamour Shot

Until next time -
AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment