Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Diva Birthday















If you know me at all you know that I'm not normally a huge fan of parties. I do however enjoy the occasional baby shower, bridal shower, or birthday party of those that I'm close to.....just not the games.....I mean really? Who came up with all those games? UGH!

Cupcakes by Sweet Daphne Confections

So knowing that about me you'd probably think I wouldn't want to do much in terms of birthday parties. Well under normal circumstances you'd be correct, however, this was Livvy's first birthday party! 

Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday To You that everyone signed for Liv


















Liv and I are a part of a group affectionally known as "The Baby Gang". The gang is comprised of four babies and their mom's, Lynn & Collin, Erin & Aubrey, Katie & Lew, and Liv and myself. Wanna know just how unique this group is? For starters we all met during an infant massage class. All of us had unplanned c-sections, Collin was born the end of February, Aubrey 4 days before Liv and Lew 4 days after Liv. Lynn and Erin knew of each other via work and Katie and I met during our child prep class. Needless to say we were bound to get a long since we had so much in common.




As you can see all the babies are extremely close in age so all of us moms were planning birthday parties at the same time. During one of our get togethers Lynn showed us a magazine full of birthday party theme ideas. I thumbed through the magazine and came across the "Zebra Diva"! I knew that had to be the theme for Liv's party.



Since Lynn had already been planning Collins birthday she was kind enough to let me know that Hobby Lobby had an entire section of zebra birthday decorations. I say kind enough sarcastically because ever since I got married I have loathed Hobby Lobby and Michaels. This is simply due to the fact that I felt like I was there every day of my life shopping for decorations right up until my wedding day! Some ladies love shopping at those kinds of stores....I did not since I've never considered my self crafty. I wasn't thrilled to have to go to Hobby Lobby but as soon as I could I took Liv and my mom and we went shopping to check out the goods! Talk about one stop shopping for a party....I soon began to LOVE Hobby Lobby and I'm pretty sure they in turn started to love me and my checking account! 

Shadow box of her coming home outfit
Tina and Liv

































I was able to find everything I needed and more for her party. I bought some tulle and had my sister-in-law make Liv's tutu. It turned out amazing! I found a Zebra onesie, diaper cover, headband, flower, and decals so I could make the rest of her outfit. The only thing missing was shoes and I was able to find some on Zulily. So glad that the zebra theme was in full force everywhere I looked!

Aubrey and her daddy Luke





















We purchased the Dr. Seuss book, Happy Birthday to You, so everyone at the party could sign it and leave a special note for Liv. I thought it was a nice way to have a guest book and something special we could read with her every year on her birthday.

Gramma leaving a note for Liv



























Being Livvy's first birthday I hired Rachael, from Bella Fotia Design, to come and take photos at her party. Everyone knows parties are hectic and I wanted to make sure that we did a good job of documenting this milestone in her life. I know Liv won't remember her party and everything that was put into it but I do know that she will have photos of her first birthday and she'll be able to look at them whenever she wants. Don't worry....I don't plan on going this crazy every year!


My mom was gracious enough to open her home so we could have the baby gang, our close friends, and family over to celebrate with us. We so appreciate our friends and family and how much they love our little Diva! She is one special girl!
















It was so fun to see Liv walking around during her party. She had been playing with walking for a month before her birthday but it was like she woke up that morning and decided that was the day to take off. Her walking and attitude was very fitting for her day!

























I had her smash cake and cupcakes made by Sweet Daphne Confection! Sooooooo yummy!! Liv enjoyed getting into her cake and sharing it with anyone who wanted some! 

























We were able to celebrate her birthday on her actual birth date. The baby gang sorta started a tradition at Collins birthday party of hanging around after all the guests left to relax, celebrate our kiddos, and toast to a successful first year of life for our kids. It was so nice to be with them at 5:29pm when Liv officially turned one!







We had a wonderful time celebrating our little Diva. I can't believe how fast the first year of her life flew by! I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with her and seeing her grow into the young lady that the Lord has planned for her! So thankful to be her momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment