Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Greener Grass

You know the saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side", well there are days I'd like to know if that's really true.

I've lived in Colorado, Colorado Springs actually, my whole life. Yes, I've been able to travel a little and see different places, but I've never lived anywhere besides Colorado Springs.

I find myself wishing I lived in Arizona when it's cold and snowy. When the weather is nice I daydream about living in a small town, having a family, watching my children play outside, and catch fireflies at night. To have a slower pace to life and to be lulled to sleep by the frogs and insects singing in the distance. I'm relaxed just thinking about my country cottage!

How different would my life be if I lived in Arizona or a small country town in the Midwest where everyone knew each other? Would the grass really be greener, or would I feel the exact way I feel now about wanting to move?

-AKL

1 comment:

  1. yes and no! Take it from someone who has moved, and moved, and moved. You would think the grass is greener sometimes, and other times be completely content. I could see you in the small town setting, though not your hubby. I need to get back out there - and make you share your German stuff!

    ReplyDelete