Friday, October 21, 2011

First Trimester

I'm ending my first trimester....Phew!! Not gonna lie....it hasn't been fun. I had my fair share of mini breakdowns thinking there is no way I can handle pregnancy. Many days I just wanted to re-do this whole thing because I couldn't get out of bed due to morning sickness ALL DAY LONG!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I've been sick since that means baby bean is growing strong, but man I'm ready to start feeling like my old self again.

I've found that baby bean doesn't like plain chicken of any sort. The chicken has to be breaded like a chicken nugget. Lots of flavor and spice can be checked at the door...plain Jane is best. Baby bean prefers cold food vs. hot food. For example, when eating pizza baby bean prefers it to be cold rather than hot. Don't ask me why because I don't know! Haven't really craved fruit or veggies, however the occasional grape sure does taste good. I'm thinking baby bean is somewhat a fan of peanut butter and celery but we're only on day two of trying. The biggest craving for baby bean is all things dairy!! Must be because I've never really been a dairy person. I swear I could live off of cereal and ice cream for the duration of this pregnancy. I found a yogurt that baby bean really likes so that's helpful in the mornings or afternoons.

Hormones....seriously....out of whack people! Not in an angry way but an emotional way. I'm not a big crier but I'm pretty sure almost every day tears are shed. Most commercials or movies can do it to me or if someone looks at me wrong! It's not a big deal for me to go from laughing to full out sobbing in a matter of seconds. Don't belive me, just ask Jared.

Speaking of Jared, kuddos to him for stepping up and taking really good care of me. Like I said this first trimester hasn't been a walk in the park but Jared sure has been great. He's dealt with everything from A-Z and he's done it like a champ.

Next week we go in to hear baby beans heart beat. We're both so excited. It was unreal to see baby bean in our first ultrasound and to watch the heart beat that I can only imagine what it'll be like to hear the heart beat!

Until next time!
-AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment