Friday, October 28, 2011

Heartbeat

Today we went in for our second appointment and to hear baby beans heartbeat. After waiting for what seemed like hours, oh wait it was over an hour wait, the doctor came into our room. She asked how the past month had been and how I was feeling. Then it was right down to business. She warned us that sometimes it takes her a minute or so to get the heartbeat so not to worry. Of course it took her about 30 seconds, but I swear those 30 seconds felt like 15 minutes. At one point I just looked at Jared and he gave me a confirming look that everything was OK. Just after that we heard baby beans heartbeat for the very first time! AMAZING!! I think this pregnancy has finally become real to me. There is something about hearing the heartbeat that confirms it all. Jared was able to record the heartbeat on his phone so we could play it for our parents. I've found myself listening to it over and over and over....it's comforting! According to the doctor baby beans heartbeat is perfect and everything is progressing like it should.

I'm excited to get started on more baby stuff. We still haven't settled on a nursery theme. We thought we had but then I started thinking about waiting until we find out what we are having so I can be more gender specific. At least we've gone out and looked so we have some ideas for when we find out what we're having. December is so far away!! We may not have a theme but we have settled on a crib and dresser/changing table. Now we're just waiting to keep a coupon before anything is purchased.

I've been able to go maternity shopping with both my mom and mother-in-law so I've got some clothes that should get me through a majority of this pregnancy. I will admit that I was a little freaked out when I went to motherhood maternity and had to put on the belly pillow....really??? Come on!! Oh well...it made for some good laughs.

I also purchased a baby memory book and I'm looking forward to getting started on the pre-baby part. At first I didn't know if I'd do one, but then I remembered how fun it was to go back with my mom and read through the one she did for me.

That's all for now! Stay tuned!
-AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment