Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Road Trip Games in the 2000's

So I am a little late in posting this blog entry on this site, but it has been on my Facebook since Thanksgiving...so please enjoy!

Ten years ago, the games were different. Count VW Beetles; count license plates from different states; or sing campfire songs... As I write this note, we are driving 78 mph through New Mexico. It's 61 degrees outside and the hybrid is averaging 27 mpg. I have my corporate laptop in tow and my blackberry set up as a WAP. It's been quite entertaining. We ask the most random questions, and then google them to see if the answers exist somewhere. Sure beats campfire songs.


What kinds of questions do we ask? Purely random ones....

Does Michael Jackson have a prosthetic nose? No. He's dead now. Whether or not he did when he was still alive, well, we don't really know.

Why does Steven Tyler not sing with Journey anymore? Could be the issues with him in rehab and disagreements with other band members.

Will there be a reunion concert? As of two years ago, NO.

Who is the lead guitarist from Trans-siberian orchestra? Al Pitreli.

Who is Al Pitrelli married to? Jane Mangini.

Isn't Al the really short one on stage all the time? I guess. He's 5'9", 180lbs.

There's lava all over the median....when did that show up? About 10,000 years ago.

We are in To'hajiilee. What the heck is that? It's "The Place Near Water, New Mexico"
---
So far I'm winning because I'm the one with the laptop, but it sure makes the time fly by!

I still have opportunities to peek up at the road from time to time. About five miles back, a highway paint truck went off the road and hit a deer. He also spilled his payload. Not making it up. There's skid marks, a carcass, and paint everywhere. Looks like a murder scene.

-JJL

No comments:

Post a Comment