Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taco Meets Pasta

Last night I tried something new, tacos meets pasta. The jury is still out on if I'll make it again. It wasn't bad, it was good, but I don't know...I think tacos are supposed to be on tortilla's not pasta. Anyway, if you want to try it:

Things you'll need:
1 box of Pasta (any kind you want....we switched to whole wheat and really like it)
1 lb of meat (any kind you want...I made it with stew meat, it's what we had on hand)
1 T of olive oil
1 T ground Coriander
1 1/2 T of ground Cumin
1 packet taco seasoning (if you want lots of taco flavor)
4 cloves of garlic
1 onion
1 can of tomato paste
1 can of beer

Here's what you'll do:
Boil 4 qts of water in pot for pasta
Warm 1 T of olive oil in large skillet on medium high heat
Brown up your meat
Add garlic and onion - let onions get a little soft
Add coriander, cumin, and taco seasoning
Add beer and tomato paste

Let ingredients come together and when meat has been thoroughly cooked and pasta is done, mix together.

Wow! That was so easy!

In other news, I'm still going strong with no Starbucks! To be honest I don't even crave it anymore. I can only imagine how much $$ it's saving as well. Jared and I continue to get up, go to work, come home, hang with the dogs, go to bed, and then do it all over again!

I didn't take photos of dinner last night so I'll leave you with a photo of our clean dogs! And yes, that is them sitting in our nephew's car seat. Thank goodness Jake wasn't in it.

Enjoy!
-AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment